Start spreading the news, I am leaving today.
I want to be a part of it, New York, New York.
We announced Saturday that the 1st leg was a non-elimination leg so all the teams was through to the next leg! Everyone got excited when we announced that they would be heading to New York City for the 2nd leg of The Pawtastic Race! The requirement for this leg, to also have a greater chance of not being eliminated, was that the teams would have to complete the challenges or they would be eliminated.
The teams headed to New York City where they were told to head to Broadway for their first challenge – to dress up in their most imaginative disguise and we got some amazing photos!
It looks like there will be some great shows at Broadway so you might want to check it out while they are showing. The teams were then sent to The Empire State Building where we were putting them to the test! They had to answer 10 questions about New York City and it was great to hear from them that they thought it was fun and they learned some funny things on the way.
Here’s the quiz:
- When did construction of the Empire State building start?
- How many miles of visibility does The Empire State Building have on a clear day?
- When did The Empire State Building Observatory welcome its 50 millionth visitor?
- When was the first pizzeria opened in NY?
- How much can a hot dog stand permit cost for one year in NY?
- Which date and year was the original King Kong movie released?
- Someone’s eyeballs are stored in a safe deposit box in the city. Whose?
- According to a car salesman why are the taxis in NY yellow?
- How many tickets do delivery companies such as UPS and FEDex receive a day?
- Where can you find a secret train platform in NY?
Here’s the answers:
- 1930 (http://www.esbnyc.com/explore/historical-timeline)
- 80 miles
- 1905 (Lombardi’s Pizzaria)
- Over $289,000
- March 2nd 1933
- Albert Einstein
- Yellow is the easies colour to spot at a distance
- 7,000 tickets
- In the Waldorf Astoria Hotel
All teams did very well on this but it seems question 1 and 2 could vary in answers depending on where the answers were found. Well done to Team 9 Da Biker Dudes, Team 10 Spoiled Dachshunds and Team 11: Teem Weens for getting all 10 answers correct!
This time we are eliminating one team who won’t go through to the next round. We are saying goodbye to Team no 2: Team O. Thanks for taking part!
Now to this leg’s spot prize:
Qutie hanging out with King Kong was a very brave move so this leg’s spot prize goes to her.
We hope the teams are ready for the 3rd leg of The Pawtastic race.
That’s how the doggie biscuit crumbles!